TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is collective meeting type (multi-host scheduling)?
A collective event type (multi-host scheduling) is to be used to pool team members’ availability. The collective scheduling page shows appointment slots only when all team members (all hosts) are available. If any host is not available when the other hosts are, that time slot will not be shown as available. When an invitee schedules an appointment, all team members are added to the calendar meeting invite.
Collective meeting types are recommended when an invitee needs to book time with several of your team members at one time. For example, a collective meeting would be great when a sales manager wants to schedule a product demo session with a client and wants to involve a pre-sales executive and a product manager from his team.
Only the active team members can be added to a collective event type. Check 'Settings -> Admin Management' page in the Leadmonk app for team details.
How to create a Collective meeting type?
Click "+ Create" button in the Leadmonk app home page to create an meeting type. Then you get a popup window. There you select 'Collective' option.
In the below event type customizing window, click + Add a Host List box to add the other team members to the collective event type.
You can add upto 6 members to a collective event type. Once you add members, click 'Submit' button.
In the Appointment Information section, enter the event type name, description, duration, location preferences and how you want invitees to book an appointment. For collective event type, options for invitees to book appointment are either Email only or "Email + Mobile number".
Once you enter these details, click Save to proceed to the next section 'Availability Preferences'. Here you have to select the availability profile for each team member (co-hosts). Collective availability will be determined using the specified availability profiles of each co-hosts in the event type.
Sections 'Invitee Preferences', 'Notification Preferences' and 'Payment Collection' are standard. Fill these sections as per your requirement. Once you save and go to the app home screen, you will see this event type under Shared Event Types section. All the co-hosts have the shared ownership for this event type.
If you are part of any collective meeting types created by any other team member, then those meeting types also will be shown in this section for you. Share the meeting type link with your invitees to book time at their convenience without the back and forth. Once the invitees books time, meeting invite will be sent to all the meeting participants.
- If your invitee does not see any available slots, then check the availability profiles and calendars of all co-hosts of the event type because the collective scheduling page shows appointment slots only when all team members (all hosts) are available. If any host is not available when the other hosts are, that time slot will not be shown as available.
- When an invitee schedules an appointment, all co-hosts are added to the calendar meeting invite automatically along with invitee(s).
- Only the active team member(s) can be added to a collective event type (check settings -> admin management page to know different team member status)
- Calendar of the organizer of collective event type is used to send the meeting invite when invitee books time.
- Any of the co-hosts can become the organizer of the collective event type even if they have not created it by clicking the highlighted icon (within the red color box) in the below image.
- Any of the co-hosts can add/delete a team member to a collective event type any time. Changes are reflected automatically to all the co-hosts.
- Any of the co-hosts can modify, delete or clone the collective event type. Changes are reflected automatically to all the co-hosts.
- Any of the co-hosts can copy and share the collective appointment scheduling link with invitees to book the appointment.
- When appointment is booked by invitee using the collective scheduling link, all the co-hosts see that appointment in their Leadmonk account.
- Any of the co-hosts can reschedule or cancel the collective appointment.
- If the organizer has not yet connected the calendar to his/her Leadmonk account, then no availability is shown to the invitees even if other co-hosts have connected their calendars. Organizer's calendar connection is a pre-requisite to make use of this feature as meeting invite is sent from the organizer's calendar only.
- If any of the co-hosts, other than the organizer, has not yet connected the calendar to his/her Leadmonk account, then the availability is determined as per his/her availability profile setting for that co-host.
- If a co-host is removed from the team, then that co-host automatically gets removed from all the collective event types he/she was part of. If that co-host was the organizer of a collective event type before removal, then automatically one of the remaining co-hosts becomes the organizer in that event type.
- If owner of team deletes the team, then all the collective event types linked to that team gets deleted automatically.
- If co-host deletes his/her Leadmonk account, then that co-host automatically gets removed from all the collective event types he/she was part of. If that co-host was the organizer of a collective event type before removal, then automatically one of the remaining co-hosts becomes the organizer in that event type.
Other Help Pages
How to create organization (workspace) within Leadmonk
How to set up your team booking page
How to create organization level branding
How to set up shared event types
User roles and permissions