TABLE OF CONTENTS
Roles allow you to create special privileges and profiles that specify what a user can see and do within Leadmonk booking software. These roles help you to implement better segregation of duties. They're especially useful for larger teams, where there are different groups of employees trying to handle different areas.
By default, Leadmonk lets you choose between 4 roles for your team members:
- User: Can manage personal event types and appointments.
- Team Admin:
- has ‘User’ role permissions.
- In addition to that, users with this role can modify the team settings, add or remove users from the team, manage team event types, and view team appointments.
- Suitable for team leads or team managers those who need to manage a set of team events or a team booking page, oftentimes for cross-departmental scheduling
- Has Team admin role permissions.
- In addition to that, users with this role can add users to the org or remove users from the org.
- Can create team, delete team, add users to team and remove users from team.
- Can view the appointments of all users.
- Cannot delete the organization in Leadmonk.
- Suitable for IT admins or those who want full control over all Leadmonk users
- Has admin role permissions.
- In addition to that, this user can create an organization and delete the organization.
- Suitable for Business owner, IT admin, or the person creating the Leadmonk account.
|Create an Organization||Y|
|Delete an Organization||Y|
|Add User to Org||Y||Y|
|Create Team Page||Y||Y|
|Delete Team Page||Y||Y||Y|
|Update Team Page Info||Y||Y||Y|
|Add or Remove users from Team||Y||Y||Y|
|Manage Team Event types||Y||Y||Y|
|View Team event types||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Manage Shared Event types||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|View all users||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|View all users appointments||Y||Y|
|View Team appointments||Y||Y||Y|
|Roles Management in the organization||Y||Y|
|Role Management in the team||Y||Y||Y|
How to assign a role to a team member
Once the user accepts the invite to join the organization within Leadmonk, you can assign any role to that team member. To edit the role, click on the edit icon shown in-front of that team member in the below image.
When owner tries to assign roles to a team member, below roles are available. If you assign 'owner' role to a team member, then the current owner in the organization will be downgraded to 'admin' role as there can only be one user with this role in an organization.
If admin tries to assign roles to a team member, then only 'admin' and 'user' roles are available. Organization can have any number of users with 'admin' or 'user' role, but there can only be one user with 'owner' role.
How to make an user as Team admin
Only owner or admin can create a team. Whoever creates the team, they automatically becomes part of the team with 'Team Admin' role. Go to the team you want to edit. There you look for red color highlighted icon (as shown in the below image) to make a team member as team admin. Team can have any number of admins. Admins can manage team event types and add/remove users from the team.
Click on the red color highlighted icon as shown in the below image to remove the admin permission from a team member. You can not do this team role change for org owner or org admin as they are default admins of team.
Other Help Pages
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article